Welcome!

New here? Please scroll to the bottom to read our first post and carry on from there.

Real Food, People & Health is a place for individuals concerned with wellness. We focus on information sharing and relating through experience.

We are all on a journey......

Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Weight Loss 'Issue'

The number one question I always get from people these days is, "How did you lose the weight?" I love this question, not because it makes me feel like I must look good, but because I know people are interested in change too - I'm not totally alone. I honestly believe that we can cure many ailments by simply changing our diet for the better.

I actually feel too skinny - if that makes sense. Clearly by looking at me I have lost weight, but I'm not used to it yet. I was supposed to be chunky (alright, I was probably just fat) my whole life. I figured it would never change. I had accepted that. The doctors told me that a C-section would mean I could never lose my 'apron' (I love that country term!) so I just found ways of hiding it as best I could. I was going to be fat forever and that was it. I had tried EVERYTHING! If anyone still thinks ephedrine works, let me assure you it does not. Diet products fail for a reason....all you have to do is Google it.

When my daughter was born, I had gained 80 pounds while pregnant. Yes, thank you - I am aware of it. HAHA! I followed my doctors advice when she said, "I don't care what you eat - just eat." Wow....really?? I can do THAT! So I was sure that by taking my prenatal vitamin and eating until I was overfull sometimes (OK.....all times), that I was somehow ensuring my baby was going to be born healthy. I even went as far as to eat a 10 pound watermelon......alone.

Two years after she was born, I stopped drinking Pepsi and switched to Diet Pepsi. I lost 30 pounds in 3 months. I never paid attention to the weight because like I said, it was going to be there forever. So when I stepped on the scale one morning and saw that I had almost lost 100 pounds, I was stunned! People had said they noticed (family - but isn't that their job?) and sure it felt good to hear it, but I knew that past experiences with weight loss resulted in me being heavier than when I started. I expected it to come back.

80% of our meal is raw food and we eat meat occasionally....I'm not that crazy! I'm too used to the wonderful aromas BBQ's bring - carcinogenic or not. I know, and yes - we will probably be cutting out all meat except wild meat eventually due to the hormone injections in factory farmed meats. They have also now found parasites that survive the cooking process, no matter what the heat is set at. Yuck!

So...back to the weight.....

It literally melts off!! I know, no one believes me - but I don't exercise at all besides going for a walk or puttering around the yard. I hate exercise but we make it fun! I will incorporate more at a later date - but I'm really focussed on the skin issue. Sure, exercise is key - I'm aware of that too - so I can't wait to get started!

When people ask, I want to tell them all about the garbage, chemicals and complete misinformation that is out there (like milk, meat and dairy!) - but I certainly wouldn't have listened when anyone told me anything....why should I force anything on anyone else? The information is here if you choose to use it!

The best start is to find out what is in the food you eat. If you can't pronounce it or have no idea what it is - don't buy it. There is a handy shoppers assistant print out page on this blog (scroll down). All children's candy is horrible for our children, and our daughter has really gotten good at juicing and realizing the detriments to eating the way we used to. She even tells people about bad calcium now!! She is adorable - and I know she has a great start when it comes to her health!

I started at 266 pounds (two years after my daughter was born) and currently weigh 142.5 pounds bringing my total loss to 123.5 pounds. Believe me when I say I am far more surprised by this than anyone!! The great thing is - ANYONE can do this! There are no more excuses....we aren't meant to be overweight....we are meant to have optimal health!

I still feel like I'm too skinny. I have to adjust my mind to the idea that change CAN happen....and it has been! I'm just not used to it yet - but I assure you....I will be!

mailto:morganicoddballs@yahoo.ca

We look forward to hearing from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment