Welcome!

New here? Please scroll to the bottom to read our first post and carry on from there.

Real Food, People & Health is a place for individuals concerned with wellness. We focus on information sharing and relating through experience.

We are all on a journey......

Thursday, August 19, 2010

I Call Em' "Crisps"

Well hello again! I realize I haven't posted in awhile but I have been a busy girl!

I'm experimenting with my food dehydrator and it is an amazing thing. I have made zucchini chips that taste very similar to potato chips (ok, not realy....but they are an excellent substitute!). I just slice zucchini REALLY thin, toss in about 4 tbsps olive oil, some sea salt and whatever natural spice or herb you want (I used dill). I dehydrated mine until they were crisp and without liquid - and they were DELICIOUS!!

MOMMA'S CRISPS

My mom has invented this delectable little treat. I'd like to say it was just for me, but I know better - she loves testing new recipes of the organic nature - and I'm so glad she does! We make these all the time now - and I love them! They are like a snack cracker, but excellent for you! Want to get your bowels moving? Then this is the recipe for you!

2/3 cup ground flax
1 tsp garlic powder
2 cups spelt flour (buy it at a health food store or bulk food place)
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
5 tsp olive oil
3/4 cup rice milk (make your own!)

Mix dry ingredients together
Mix wet ingredients together (there is only two - your bowl can be small)
Combine and roll into a ball - freexe this for 10 minutes.

Cut the ball into four parts to roll it out (it is easier).


Roll out on spelt floured area - THIN. 
If you want - do what we do - sprinkle with dill, oregano, minced garlic and roll it into the dough.

Cut into bite sized pieces and bake at 325 degrees for approximately 20 minutes. Check often - if they are really thin they may bake faster.

We dip these in organic dressings - it is heavenly!
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment