Welcome!

New here? Please scroll to the bottom to read our first post and carry on from there.

Real Food, People & Health is a place for individuals concerned with wellness. We focus on information sharing and relating through experience.

We are all on a journey......

Friday, October 1, 2010

Wayne Dyer

We have discovered Wayne Dyer! If you don't know who he is, be sure to GOOGLE the heck out of him. He has been writing for years - and I'm only realizing him now? What a shame! He is changing the way we think, act and react to life - we are loving it!

The man to the left (photo) is Dr. Wayne Dyer. He is also 70 years old. Cool, huh? He doesn't look it! He credits the power of positive thinking on his success - so if he can do it, so can we! Dr. Dyer also suffers from Chronic Leukemia - but he isn't letting that stop him!

He has many books and audio tapes out there - we are currently listening to "Excuses Begone!" as a way of getting our heads around this quitting smoking issue before we re-attempt the quit. Yep - we fudged it up...but we aren't GIVING up. That would be the worst thing to do! If your mind isn't prepared - you will have more difficulty succeeding at your goal. Makes sense!

So - simply put - he is awesome. I'm currently checking his blog for inspiration regularly. You can find it here: http://www.drwaynedyer.com/blog/latest

Wayne talks about the ego alot - I like that. I want to know the inner working of how we think, how we justify and why we treat others a certain way. You'll love Wayne Dyer too! Explore his website, found here: http://www.drwaynedyer.com/ When you read, listen or watch Wayne Dyer (you can look him up on youtube too!) he will show you ways to look at things....and a whole new world opens up in front of you. A clear world - where we're not burdened by the unimportant....and when you think about it - most things are simply unimportant. The negative people in our lives and how we react to them is also addressed.
We are all part of the same energy - we shouldn't be batling each other.

Podcasts are also available on his website - I mean really - could this get better!?

His website also offers a daily affirmation. I know, I know - all I can think about when I hear that phrase is Saturday Night Live and the guy who kept looking in the mirror and slurring, "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough....and gosh darn it, people like me!" But maybe that's why so many people are afraid to reach through the 'crap' and get to what matters. They will be ridiculed. I'm beyond worrying about that - I have a life to live! So, for Friday, October 1st, 2010 - here is your Wayne Dyer Daily Affirmation:

Be Aware of Your Immortal Self


Let go of the idea that you're a body that's destined to die, and instead seek an awareness of your immortal self. Affirm: "I am eternal, and that means that I showed up here from the infinitude of spiritual intention to fulfill a destiny that I must act on."


As we obtain more Wayne Dyer information, we shall let you know! So far hubby really enjoys his audio books and I'm sooooo determined to quit smoking. We'll figure this out yet! Wish us luck!

....and to Dr. Dyer - thank you for everything. Stay awesome!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment