Welcome!

New here? Please scroll to the bottom to read our first post and carry on from there.

Real Food, People & Health is a place for individuals concerned with wellness. We focus on information sharing and relating through experience.

We are all on a journey......

Saturday, June 26, 2010

LICK THE BOWL GUACAMOLE RECIPE

NUTRITION: Avocados are a good source of Vitamin K, Fiber, Folic Acid, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin C. They are also an excellent source of Antioxidants.
Tomatoes are a good source of Vitamins A and C.
Lime is an excellent source of Vitamin C.







I had never had guacamole before this 'journey.' It was green - YUCK! Green meant frogs, snot and Slimer from the totally popular Ghostbusters movie of the 80's. I didn't 'eat' green.

I LOVE guacamole now! The problem for me was that I was smashing them up, adding lemon, tomato and red pepper - and the damn mix always came out tasting like peanut butter. I kid you not - I've Googled this. It tasted like peanut butter and I can't eat copious amounts of anything peanut butter flavored - it's too gross.

When I found this, I shelved the recipe awhile - then braved the effort to make it again. NO PEANUT BUTTER TASTE! I loved it and yes, I stole it from online somewhere:
(Oh! Here: http://www.honeywhatscooking.com/) - so enjoy and eat lots - it's good for ya!

(I leave out the jalapeno!)

INGREDIENTS:
•Avocado - 1 (small cubes)
•Jalapeno - 1 (deseeded and chopped)
•Onion - 1/2 of a small (chopped)
•Plum Tomato - 1 (chopped)
•Scallion - 1/4 cup (chopped)
•Lime - juice of 1
•Fresh Cilantro - (chopped)
•Black Pepper - 1/8 - 1/4 tsp
•Salt to taste


DIRECTIONS:
1. Here is what you'll need.
2. Deseed and chop a jalapeno. Add to a mixing bowl.
3. Slice the avocado. Make cuts in the avocado to form little cubes and then scoop out with a spoon into the mixing bowl.
4. Season with salt.
5. Juice a lime.
6. Add onion.
7. Add tomato.
8. Add scallions.
9. Add cilantro.
10. Combine.
11. Season with salt and very little black pepper.
12. This guacamole is so freakin' good... you'll be lickin' the bowl!!!

She ain't kiddin!

No comments:

Post a Comment